Masti Dance Academy Dance Internships
Freshman and Senior High School students having a passion in dance and interested in learning how to teach dance are encouraged to apply. Interns will play an active, direct, hands-on role in the continued growth and evolution of our organization. Although Masti Dance Academy's internship first is unpaid, based on an evaluation after the first session, we would love to have our interns on board as either assistant instructors, instructors or administrative assistants depending on the skill set and ongoing evaluation.
As an Masti Dance Academy Dance Intern, you will:
- Combine artistry, passion, and growth
- Be a part of a team on the brink of something new
- Receive on-the-job training
- Work alongside professional staff both independently and collaboratively
- Gain hands-on experience in arts administration
- Immerse yourself in a creative environment
- 50% off on dance classes
- Tickets to performances
- Opportunity to be part of Masti Performance team
Applications are currently being accepted on a rolling basis. Please view individual internships below to see current deadlines and open positions. While all interns become familiar with each of our three pillars (Dancers, Parents and Management), there are internship opportunities available in specific departments. When applying, please specify in your cover letter the internship you would like to apply for.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org a reference video of your dancing abilities and cover letter to associated emails below. If interested in more than one internship, please indicate on the cover letter. Please check each internship description for any additional lists of application requirements.
- Choreographing a dance piece for a specific session
- Managing dancers in class
- Assist and ensure smooth performances on the day of recitals and events
- Helping with costumes pass out in classes
Assistant Dance Instructors
- Assisting lead instructors in teaching dance
- Taking Class Rolls
- Taking dancers (young in age) to bathrooms and ensuring their safety
- Taking over as lead instructor if for any reason the lead instructor is not there
- Taking class videos and pictures for Social Media Content
Administrative Assistant Dance Instructors
Administrative Assistants provide the first impression of our dance studio to students and first-time guests. Administrative Assistant are responsible for:
- Warmly greeting current and prospective students.
- Maintaining cleanliness of front lobby area, other studio facilities.
- Handling projects directed by Management.
- Help out with costume rentals and inventory management.
In order to join our team:
- Must be positive and mindful of the energy you bring into the work environment.
- Must be a team player.
- Open to learning.
- Must have excellent people skills, with a focus on customer service
- Must have prior Administrative Assistants/administrative, customer service, and/or sales experience.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Genuine interest in working with people.
- LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST LOVE DANCING!!!!!!